You Can Make A Difference!

Funding Shortfall

Like traditional public schools, public charter schools are funded by State School Funds. However, unlike traditional public schools, public charter schools only receive 80% of their allotted funding; the other 20% is retained by the sponsoring district. As
a result, public charter schools face a 20% funding deficit every year.

To attempt to make up for this deficit, SIA relies on heavily on fundraising and private donations in order to provide Place-based education that connects classrooms and communities. This 20% gap equates to a shortfall of approximately  $340,000 for the 2015-16 school year.

You can make a difference by donating to Sauvie Island Academy.

Here are a number of convenient ways to make a donation!



Connect your shopping rewards card to our school and help us raise money!

Costco (Coming Soon!)

Talk to your employer about opportunities to support SIA!

Kaiser Employee Matching (Coming Soon!)